Friday, October 14, 2016

My experience on Bangladesh Scouts of 1987

It was in 1987, I  used to visit The Bharat Scouts & Guides (West Bengal) State HQ at Kolkata, One day I mate the Leader of Dacca College Scout Group of Bangladesh. They were on a visit to India. I took interest to know about youth of Bangladesh. They were staying at Sea Scout Headquarter on the river bank of Ganga. I keep looking why Bangladeshi youths are not adventure oriented ? though good numbers are working in ships.I got verbal request to visit Bangladesh from my new Scouts   friends. In December 1987, I took permission from my employer and obtained visa to visit Bangladesh. I had a official  work at the Indo Bangladesh Town and then entered Bangladesh border, I took a night bus service to reach Dacca, the cost of ordinary bus service was about INR 26.

I reached Bangladesh Scout National HQ, there was a single  accomodation was availed by me. It was an opportunity to meet more Scouters and Scouts who used to visit this HQ.
 The law and order was not favourable at that time, the political disturbance was there.

I was interviewed by Bangladesh Radio, Dacca for a monthly Scout programme 'Agradoot', it was in Bengali language.I invited our friends to join for Rock Climbing training
 at Sushunia Hill of Bankura District of West Bengal. They arrived Kolkata when our team left Kolkata. It was difficult to contact at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment